TherapistMaryAnn
TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues
54658078

I need some help writing "A Letter To My Future

Customer Question

I need some help writing "A Letter To My Future Wife" Please see the link as an example. I want to use this as a baseline and to keep it just as honest and loving as this man did. I just don't want to steal this entirely. http://elitedaily.com/dating/an-open-letter-to-the-woman-i-will-marry/
Feel free to ask me for specific information. I need this completed by Friday, November 6th.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Jen Helant replied 1 year ago.

I would like to help. Would this be to someone you are with or a future unknown individual?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Someone I am with now and am going to propose to on Thanksgiving.
Expert:  Jen Helant replied 1 year ago.

Sorry I missed your deadline. I had some sick children. Can I still help you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please. I would need this completed by Wednesday or Thursday if possible.
Expert:  Jen Helant replied 1 year ago.

Okay, I will work on this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.
Expert:  Jen Helant replied 1 year ago.

Can you please tell me a little about her and yourself, such as likes and hobbies as well as things you like to do together. If you could give me some more info as to what you love about her and anything unique in your relationship that would help a lot. I do not want to copy this letter exact or make anything up, so want to create it personally. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here are some things but remember....this is something being written from an earlier point in life...like 3 or 4 years ago and it wouldn't make sense to apply this what I love about our current relationship. Remember this is A Letter to My FUTURE Wife.Please keep that in mind for this letter.I love that Rachel is incredibly funny.
I love that she's completely devoted to our relationship.
I love how she is so imaginative and that she really is my partner/co-pilot.
I've loved throughout our relationship, watching her transition between just dating, to dating one another exclusively, and then practically living together, and how she really has just opened herself up based on the stage of the relationship we've moved through. It's hard to articulate this well but it's been so amazing to see her transition through the different phases and our growth.
I love how excited she gets when she's coming in through the front door of her apartment and she sees that I've made dinner or pour us a glass of wine.
I love that she's an amazing cook and how much she's taught me the technical skill and how it just feels so special when she cooks for us with all of the detail she puts into the meals she makes us.
I love that when she asked me what my favorite birthday dessert was, and I told her cheesecake, she made it for me even though it was her first time doing it, she was so excited and it turned out so great!
I love our date nights and how special they feel when we're getting dressed up and headed out for a romantic dinner.
I love watching her get ready in the mornings, putting on her makeup, and how she has this thing about never leaving the house without mascara on! lol
I love that she's an amazing communicator and that things just “feel”…truly feel… so easy with us. I struggled with these feelings as neither of us have ever felt this at ease in a relationship before. It took me some time to figure out that maybe that's just the way it's supposed to be, and that there really isn't anything wrong with that.
I love that she loves bunnies and she has this adorable little white dwarf bunny named Pearl.
I love that she truly feels like “home” to me. That having her home, is some incredible, and comforting, and that I never want that feeling of “home” to end.
I love that she is so playful and makes these cute little animal noises and faces. She brightens my day and I always find myself missing my girlfriend and her adorable laugh.
I love that she is so traditional and conservative. That she just appreciates the deepness and soulfulness of life. That she loves to slow down and make time to just relax.
I love our nightly walks together and that we're able to use those opportunities to really talk about the more meaningful depth of our days, hurts, desires, needs.
I love that she inspires me!
I love that she is willing to wear anything I want, because I like something, and that it makes me happy.
I love that she knows how I much I love her Si perfume and she will put it on in the mornings before work or before our date nights, and just give me a look because she knows it drives me wild! lol
I love that she's so creative and artistic and her hobbies, and when I told her that her apartment was cozy and comfortable and that I hated being in my house because it didn't feel like “home” she made me a wreath for my house to hang up that said, “Home Sweet Home”. She said maybe it would make my home feel more comfortable now.
I love that we share so many hobby interests like the love of the outdoors (camping and hiking).
I love that we share so many future wants and needs of a true partnership, a home, a puppy, and children.
I love her family and how much they have welcomed me and accepted me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jen, can you call me, please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jen, I want to talk about this and need to get it back today so I can get things moving with my proposal. I want to talk about it as well. Can you call me?