TherapistMaryAnn
TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues
54658078

I am involved in a very intense relationship with a married

Customer Question

Hello I am involved in a very intense relationship with a married woman who has a 4 year son which has been going on for 6 months but I am worried it might be floundering. To give you some necessary background to my tale ; I met my beloved completely by
chance - she replied to am advert I placed seeking a cleaner. It was am instant mutual attraction. At the time I met her she had been separated from her husband for a year but luck would have it he found out about me within the first week and , naturally ;
it become very messy with her estranged husband begging to take him back. I should point out that there marriage was already stained by infedelity on both sides; mistrust and emptiness. But she decided to go back with him for the sake of the child and her
own feelings of guilt. We love each other but she has seesawed back and forth at least eight times in our relationship. The latest juncture concerns her little boy who cried after overhearing her husband say he will move out of home. She says she can't live
without me and I honestly feel the same but I need for her to get over her natural sense of guilt that she feels about potentially taking her young son away from his natural father to be a family with me. They have been married for nearly 7 years but from
what I understand she was never really in love with him. Her son and I have truly bonded and he brings up my name in his dad's presence. I know this is a very messy triangle but I fear I could lose the love of my life. The other issues that are seeming to
militate against her desire to be with me are the fact I don't currently work or drive ; though I am trying ceaselessly to change this and I have a history of mental health problems; which I might add : I am fully recovered from. Conversely her husband works
full time and drives a car. I know lots of spouses do leave when their marriage becomes really stale and I myself am the product of a dovorce- my mum left my dad when I was 2 and met my stepdad a year later . I feel no resentment towards my mum and love her
no less. I know this is a very complicated situation but I would appreciate, warmly, Amy advice you can offer Grant
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Jen Helant replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your patience I am working on your answer.

Expert:  Jen Helant replied 1 year ago.

I understand the position that you are in and how difficult it must be to be involved in this triangle. I would like to help, but do you have a specific question or would like my general advice? Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Advice Please ...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I specifically asked for advice ....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thus far you haven't provided me with a word of Advice which is what I asked for - all you've done is tell me what I already know !!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is simply not good enough...The counsellor hasn't given me a sufficient response...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am totally dissatisfied with the awnser I received and request a refund forthwith