VA-NP
VA-NP, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Nurse Practitioner
3157612

I have been in a distance relationship months and it just

Customer Question

I have been in a long distance relationship for 8 months and it just ended badly.. she has cut me off from all communication.... How do I go about showing her that I have changed and getting her to reconsider when I cant reach her....
Category: Relationship
Expert:  VA-NP replied 1 year ago.

If you have her home address, you can send her flowers. There isn't a lady alive who isn't impressed with flowers. You can also write her a letter. That is so rare these days that it would get her attention. If you get no response, perhaps you should just give her a little time. She may feel differently in a month or two. She may also wonder how much you can possibly have changed if you only just broke up. Sometimes what a relationship needs is just tincture of time.

Kind regards,

Schuyler

~

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I agree, I have to give it a month or so and then we will see, Flowers wouldnt be an option right now. I have smothered her the last month after she asked for a break to clear her head, and that was a big part of the problem.. She says I remind her now of her ex husband and she cant go back to another man like that.. I know deep down I am not and at one time she knew that too. I just got really bad the last month as things were building up in me and i exploded..... I need her to see the real me again.... I can only hope she would be checking me out online to see how i am doing without contacting me....????
Expert:  VA-NP replied 1 year ago.

Perhaps she is checking your online postings. There is no way to tell. Just play it cool for a while and give her a chance to settle down.

Good luck!

Schuyler

~

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HI, one more thing I would like you opinion on.....
A friend of mine reached out to her to try and smooth things over... She had no idea that I knew she was doing this... This was here response... Very bad for the most part but there was one small glimmer of hope in there that I put in brackets below.... What is your impression of that and how soon or later should I contaxct her.... two weeks, a month?
Thank you for taking the time to write to me. It is very sweet of you to want to help Darren and rest assured that he won't find out from me that you contacted me.
I'm sorry that he's hurting but his actions have shown me that we are not compatible. I lived with someone like him for years and I know I can't be with someone who reacts to things like he does. He's also shown me that we can't be friends. I don't hate him and I don't hold grudges, he should know that by now. Just can't have him in my life. (Maybe much later don't know). I just know I can't go there again and its best this way.
Hugs
Expert:  VA-NP replied 1 year ago.

She sounds like a sweet person herself. I would wait at least a month or two before trying to contact her. She was evidently in a very bad relationship once before and was badly hurt. She is scared that the way you reacted may be a repeat of that nightmare. She will need a lot of time to put things in perspective. Maybe even 6 months or more.

Good luck,

Schuyler

~

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but that line about maybe later a bit incouraging or am I getting my hopes up to much..?
Expert:  VA-NP replied 1 year ago.

I think it is mildly encouraging, but it may take quite a while for her to think about another chance.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~