TherapistMaryAnn
TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues
54658078

I must be really desperate To be asking online. But I was

Customer Question

I must be really desperate To be asking online . But I was dating my gf for two years . I am in the army and I met her while deployed to Japan . We dated the whole term I was there and I just came back in August and we dated until 2nd week of October . When we first started dating I was in a fragile state of mind . I had just come off my third deployment and I used to get mad , angry and scream like a maniac . I saw how that made her feel and I asked for help to get my problems fixed . I was diagnosed with ptsd and anxiety . And I really did change . Then she accused me of not being sweet enough . Like she spent half her money to come see me but a week letter I get the break up I need space . She said that while we were in San Diego that I wanted to spend time with my family . I told her that we only hung out with them so you can get to know them and she was only here for 4 days . Then she got mad because I invited my mom to Los Angeles to drop her off at the airport . It was an early flight so I did that because it was a two hour drive and needed someone to keep me awake . When she got home everything was still fine . Was still getting I love you messages I never over texted her . But ever since I got this dear ***** message I have been blowing her phone up because I want answers even if it hurts my feelings . She has never lied to me . She said its her feeling and choice at moment . Then a mutual friend is telling me she is confused and she needs time apart and needs to focus with no outside attention . So I'm trying to be tough and do things to get my mind off things but wow she is being a real witch to me . I do not know how to react . My three deployments getting shot at is better than what I feel now .
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Jen Helant replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry about how you are feeling and thank you for choosing us to help.

Do you have a specific question or would you like my general advice?

Thanks,

Jen

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your general advice please ?
Expert:  Jen Helant replied 1 year ago.

Sorry I was away as my son was in the hospial. I will reread and send you my advice. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What advice did you send ? The last thing I received from you was your son is I. Hospital . I just want to know where you think my relationship is . Like I said this relationship is complicated . She wants like a story book ending . I love her with all my heart and trying to do the little things and like I said I had really bad ptsd and sometime had crazy outburst for no reason but I seeks held for it and learned to take ou my anger in running or just listening to music helps . But she still holds it against me . I used to get mad and hit walls and act like a kid but realized i eventually will calm down and realize what a jack ass I was so I stopped . Also it's like the more I try to fix I push her away even further . We broke up but she said she needed space . And we almost didn't break up she said she needed space to clear her head because i didn't do the little stuff . And like I said the more I try to talk and act like nothing happened she is acting like we never were dating or engaged for two years acting just like whatever . So i do not know what to do .