TherapistMaryAnn
TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues
54658078

Sooo.... I'm recently divorced, so is he. I'm late

Customer Question

Sooo.... I'm recently divorced, so is he. I'm late 40s with teens he's early 40s with an adult child. Met through fun, trustworthy mutual friends, so a connection, through life situations and friends, was easy for us. He is a gentleman and thoughtful with
gifts and his time. However; I initiate almost everything: sex, vacation, dates, contact. He generally responds quickly and positively. However, he is beginning to reply to calls and text messages less quickly and frequently than in the past. He does always
reply within a few hours--always. I'm getting tired of being the aggressor and I think I'm beginning to notice or knit- pick his lack of true desire for real substance ( a relationship) with me. If this aggressor stuff isn't who I want to be in a relationship,
shouldn't I exit even though he is a true gentleman, can make me lAugh and is generally always accommodating.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area.

Hello and thank you for your question. Before you consider ending the relationship, have you tried to discuss this matter with him and how you do not like to be initiating everything so much?