Martin, Engineer
Experience:  i'm 41 and i never stopped studying and experimenting
14666028

I'm 37 and my man is 38 we are each other's love of a life

Customer Question

I'm 37 and my man is 38 we are each other's love of a life time. We both have kids but not with each other we spend a lot of time together for almost a year . I have a home and he rents a home . I feel like we should live together and we have talked about marriage .. So my question is should I just give it more time and be happy with the way things are for now? I feel like we should be doing house things together and life were not getting younger
Category: Relationship
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He was in a bad relationship previously but never married . I had a dissolution a year ago .. We use to date before I married the man I had kids with(2) I'm a teacher and coach.. My boyfriend has three boys and has good job but has a lot of things to work on .. He is showing hard work and progress on things he needs to do but I'm ready now .. How do I keep patients ? What else can I do? I help him and he helps me but I need him and miss him when he's not herer
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.

Hi. How old are his boys and your own kids? Are you leavving far from him at the moment?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
His boys are 14, 11 and 7 my girls are 11 and 5 the kids get along well.. He lives about 3 blocks away we live in a small town and we use to date years ago he says he's always loved me I feel same
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.

That is good (about the distance) it would not disturb the relation betwen those kids and their friends. If one was older and ready to go study somewhere i would say wait until there is one less but at 14 he still have a while before that happen.

The problem is that you will end up 7 in the house and that can create conflict. What you could do is a try out of 2 week (not a full move, just having the necessary stuff). If all goes well you can then move then in, if some things goes wrong, you can adjust before they move in for good. It is always a good idea to consult the kids first as they may provide a lot of early hint at possible conflict before they happen. It might be as little as having more TV, enough alone time in the day (not something easy with 7) or having enough bathrooms etc...