TherapistMaryAnn
TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues
54658078

I've been with the person years we had our first argument 5

Customer Question

I've been with the person for two years we had our first argument 5 months ago he wouldn't speak to me for six weeks. He went home for friends weddings and was annoyed I wouldn't go with him but I went three weeks later. He promised me things would change at home but things got worse he became distant I saw less of him. We argued again but like the last time he ignored me, so that week I left home and came back to austrilia. For the 1st two weeks he apologised and said he had thrown away his life etc. Then went silent we have been apart two months and he's still at home but maintains he's coming back but when I ask he dosnt tell me. I've his car and all his stuff I asked him this week could he get someone to pick them up begged me to hold on to them bit longer. Since then he's switched off his fone and ignored my last reply. I just want to let go and move on I can't understand why he feels the need for me to keep his stuff. I'm so headwrecked with this boy and care so much and I feel he's using this to his advantage and knows I wouldn't be cruel but it's actually getting to me now.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.

Hi. His stuff in in Australia with you, where is he now? Does he have friend or relative living near you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yep and he's in home in Ireland he keeps telling me someone will pick up this weekend so and so on. He says he's coming back but he's been at home 5months now and has gone back into his shell of avoiding me so I don't know what to do anymore. I just want closure and too move on but don't want to be spiteful
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.

Well, managing "stuff" can be complicated, there is surely a lot of stuff in Ireland also. You can ask him for money for a locker rent and a moving company and send all that there or ask him for firend or relative to pick it up, or else it will be for free on the border of the road. The important thing is to give him a date where you will get rid of it or else he will always use you as a free stockroom. If he don't react it will be his fault. Make sure to always communicate with a registred letter in regard to those thing to not have legal problem in the future.