Martin, Engineer
Experience:  i'm 41 and i never stopped studying and experimenting
14666028

I have been seeing a man months. He originally was very

Customer Question

HI. I have been seeing a man for 2 months. He originally was very attentive and affectionate (txt to wish me good morning, etc.). He once told me I was one of the most amazing women he has ever met and he would never do anything to make me feel small or unworthy. He is recently single before that after a year long relationship where he said his ex gf cheated on him and stole his furniture. I gave him some blankets and things from my house to help him i had and even bought him a candle since he said his place smelled like cigarettes. He wore himself down from working every day and when he was sick last week (midweek), i brought him some soup etc to his house (10 min away). all he could say was "Thank you very much!" A few days later he said he was sorry he was distant, he was going through a bad time. Since then I have not heard from him.
Category: Relationship
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know if I should reach out again to see what he is doing, be honest and really talk to him about what is going on, or just wait.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, we haven't slept together yet because he says he respects me and wants to take his time. I know right now he is not seeing anyone else, although from time to time he still gets texts from his ex. He says he will never trust her or want to be with her again because she stole from him.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Being in a small town you sure will bump into him at one point or the other. Perhaps you can invite him to different activities that do not take much time (to be sure he can integrate them around his routine). A dog that was hit with a stick once will always fear seeing a human with a stick in the future, the man was hurt and it will take time for him to feel at peace in a relationship. Give him time but if you love him, don't let the space too open for another women to slide in. Yes you can reach out, many man fall prey to depression in situation like that and total isolation is not a good thing.