educatortech
educatortech, Expert
Experience:  10 years of relationship advice.
46856550

Boyfriend cancelled our date Friday nite.

Customer Question

hi
Category: Relationship
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Boyfriend cancelled our date Friday nite. It was my last night in my home of 18 years and he knew it was going to be emotional. He cancelled because he had a fight with his ex wife. He said his nerves were on end and he needed to go to bed and "recover". It was by text. I asked if we could just say hi, he said No, best not to. I said I don't know what to say, and hope he feels better tomorrow. He has not called back and we usually talk every single day.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we have been together virtually 7 years. he lives far away its a long distance relationship. He is still on good terms with this ex.
Expert:  educatortech replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Greg. I am so sorry to hear about your situation.

Was the date to be face to face? (since you say it is long distance relationship)?

It sounds like it is possible that he has feelings for both you and his ex (if I am reading your brief information correctly) and it is possible that this is causing some issues. I find that honesty is what is needed in these situations. Are there any shared friends that you have that you could contact who might have a better idea as to what has been going on with him for the last few days (since you usually talk everyday)... maybe there is an issue going on that you are not even aware of?