Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  I have a doctoral degree in psychology and have a history of providing couple's and family therapy.
74815544

I have been talking to this girl, and she has my mind all

Customer Question

I have been talking to this girl for sometime, and she has my mind all messed up, ive never felt this way before. She recently broke up with her boyfriend but she said to me she doesnt see us as going past being friends, but we have chemistry and we connect, all i want is to be with her. But i feel like sometimes i overdue things and im messing up please give me advice on how to handle this, i care about this girl so much i would do anything for her.
Category: Relationship
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We talk everyday, and she calls me cute and sweet, and she always tells me she likes it when im just myself
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you call after 8
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area.

Hello and thank you for your question. Unfortunately if this woman says that she does not see your relationship going past the friendship than that is something you are going to have to respect as that is her decision. The best way for you to handle this friendship right now is to not push too hard about being in a relationship and how you feel about her or that will only push her away. Instead focus on being a good supportive friend to her and not go too over the top with your interactions. If you feel like you "overdo" things with her try to keep a journal of your thoughts and interactions with this woman so that you can look back in reflective thought and figure out where you may have gone wrong and then adapt that to your future interactions with this woman. Also you want to focus on how your friendship with her means a lot to you as well and that you would not want to lose her as a friend...yes it is painful that she does not share the same feelings as you do, but you can still be happy with the friendship you two have and that platonic connection you have as well. In addition, try to find as many shared interests you two have and continue to explore that with her as that will build up your connection with her gradually and will not be overdoing it and you will not be too forward this way either. Ultimately continue to be a good friend to her and be happy with the friendship you have and let that grow; it is possible that the friendship will grown into a relationship, but there is no guarantee about that and you should only focus on what you have with her right now and how good it is right now.

Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*Please do not forget to leave a positive rating. Thank you