Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  I have a doctoral degree in psychology and have a history of providing couple's and family therapy.
74815544

I have been dating someone months. It was an immediate

Customer Question

Hello. I have been dating someone for 3 months. It was an immediate connection with us. He works at the corporate office for the company I work for. The relationship was going great, although he constantly says I will probably get bored of him eventually. The break off started when he experienced premature ejactiation. I did not make him feel bad about that at all, I understand it happens. But he got to the point he thought it would be best we broke it off. He says he is happy with me, so I don't understand why he made such a drastic decision. We still have to talk at work.... What can I do??
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area.

Hello and thank you for your question. It sounds like this man has decided to break things off because of his insecurities and not necessarily because of problems in the relationship. These inherent insecurities are probably a greater issue within him than he has led on, so this is why this may have been a growing issue within him that you never knew about, which is why it was a shock to you. At this point you should continue to reassure him about how much you enjoy the relationship and how you feel the premature ejaculation issue will resolve in time as this is just a phase. Also try to tell him that you feel there is so much upside in this relationship and that you want to support him no matter what and that you want to be with him. Overall the choice is going to be up to him, but at least you will be saying what you want and try your best to reassure him that breaking up over these insecurities is not the answer. Hopefully he will respond positively and work through these issues with you by his side.

I hope this answers your question and gives you some guidance on this issue. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns as I am happy to assist and support you regarding this issue.

*****YOU ARE ALMOST FINISHED…EXPERTS ONLY GET COMPENSATED FOR EACH POSITIVE RATING, SO I WOULD APPRECIATE IF YOU COULD GENTLY MASH ONE OF THE 3, 4, 5 SMILEY FACES/STARS THAT YOU SEE BEFORE YOU GO. THANK YOU SO MUCH AND IT WAS MY PLEASURE HELPING YOU WITH YOUR ISSUE*****

Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*Please do not forget to leave a positive rating. Thank you