Cher
Cher, Relationship Enthusiast
Experience:  Extensive experience as Educator/Teacher, M.A., Counselor, Spouse, Parent, Psychic Advisor
1470369

The new guy I'm talking to is sending out mixed signals. He

Customer Question

The new guy I'm talking to is sending out mixed signals. He does say the right thing most of the time but when it comes to us having sex he makes me question if that's all he's looking for with me. Is he with me just for the sex or can something more come out of this? Am I just reading too much into it?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and welcome!

When you say, 'the new guy I'm talking to,' does this mean you met online or are communicating mainly online or with text, etc.?

If he takes you out on dates and you spend quality time with him and then enjoy an intimate relationship in addition, that sounds fine. If he is only seeing you to have sex and you're not going out on dates or doing other activities, it's possible that IS all he's looking for with you.

Depending on the specific circumstances of the relationship and how long you're seeing him, etc., there's always a chance something more can come of this, but you need to let him know what you expect. You don't have to just tell him straight up, you can introduce it into discussions and if he doesn't get the idea, YOU can say, let's go to the movies on Sunday, or let's have lunch on Thursday, etc. You give HIM ideas of things you'd like to do together, in addition to staying in and having sex.

If you get this feeling, you are intuitive and I don't think you're reading too much into it; you might be right, and that's why you'll have to take the lead with this one, and ask or tell what you'd like to do, nicely, of course, trying to make it seem like HIS idea; in this way, you won't be infringing upon his masculinity.

I hope this helped and wish you much good luck!

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback so I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Rating will not cut off our communication and you can click 'Reply' at any time to ask for any clarification or additional information.

Warmest regards,
Cher