How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask TherapistMaryAnn Your Own Question

TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Category: Relationship
Satisfied Customers: 1684
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues
Type Your Relationship Question Here...
TherapistMaryAnn is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I wondered if you can give me some guidance as last year

Customer Question

Hi I wondered if you can give me some guidance as last year both my grandson and granddaughter came to live with me as they do not get on with their mother and her boyfriend they both have issues and it is very hard living with them as they fight a lot he is almost 18 and she is almost 17 he was seriously ill when he was 5 and and was put back a year from starting school and they both started school together they did not have a very happy home life and he has serious anger issues and his sister winds him up till he curses and swears at her and calls her names which are not very nice and she acts like his big sister telling him what to do all the time which frustrates him they have had 16 years of this and I am left to try and sort this out in a year and it is very draining for me and my husband both mentally and financially and we do not get any help I am at my wits end please can you help
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.
This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.
I am very sorry that you are having these issues with your grand-children, as it sounds like they have a lot of psychological and emotional regulation issues that need to be addressed. Because this website does not provide treatment at all, would they be willing to go into individual or family therapy? You state that they are too old for a referral, but that does not mean that they cannot voluntarily seek out therapy.

Related Relationship Questions