TherapistMaryAnn
TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues
54658078

I've been married little over 2 months. We have been

Customer Question

I've been married for a little over 2 months. We have been together for 7 years and have 2 children. everything has been wonderful. And about 4 weeks ago. He started to be distant and shut me out. And when I tried to ask why he was being so ugly to me it turned into a fight and he left. He was gone a week came back for a day and a half and left again. Tomm makes 3 weeks all together. I am devastated. I want him to come home. We talked the other night for 2 hours and I thought it had made a difference but it's right back the way it was. He's pushing me away. I don't know what else to do to save my marriage. Please help
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.
This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.
Hello, I am very sorry that you are having this issue with your marriage, I can understand how distressing this can be for you. I understand that you want to save your marriage, but remember you are only in control of your own actions and behaviors...you have no control over what he does, so that means only he can decide to come back to you if he chooses. May I ask, would he be willing to undergo couples therapy so that you two can communicate and work on these issues together?