Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  I have a doctoral degree in psychology and have a history of providing couple's and family therapy.
74815544

My problem is that my fiancé love too much he would always

Customer Question

My problem is that my fiancé love too much he would always make a fist about how I don't feel his love and that I don't love him like he do and if told him that's not true he would call me a lier and that he is not feeling it. The next day he would say he is sorry and that love is stronger than him and I should understand and live with it. And he always would say he is boss don't change the subject. Actually I don't know where is the problem exactly is it me who is logical and I understand that love doesn't mean saying I love u all the time or is it him who is obsessed with love even thought we didn't meet before. He is abroad and we contact with FaceTime and Skype I really want some one to help I fell like I'm not romantic and becaus this is my first relationship I'm beaing naive but it's normal in our Muslim environment can u please pleas tell me what I should do to make him satisfied. I'm afraid if I Got married to him he will be like someone in the movies toture his wife and don't let her do what she wants
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum. Hello, I am very sorry that you are having these issues with your fiance, I can understand how distressing this can be for you. It sounds like your fiance may have some insecurity issues as he wants to be constantly reassured about you loving him and that is why he brings up these issues constantly. Everyone expresses love in a different way and just because you express it in a different manner than your fiance, this does not mean you do not love him, it just means you like to express your feelings differently than he does which is natural. So I would say that the problem is not necessarily with you, but more with your fiance as he is the one that is insecure in this relationship and may be "obsessed" with love because he constantly needs reassurance. At this point you cannot just capitulate and just make him satisfied, you both have to find a way to compromise and find a middle ground as that is what relationships are about. He needs to be willing to understand that your expression of love is different than his and that should be okay. Try to talk to him about finding a compromise and seeing if he will be open to this, so that you both can put this matter behind you. I hope this answers your questions and gives you some guidance on this issue. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns as I am happy to assist and support you regarding this issue. *****Remember I only get compensated for my hard work through positive ratings, so I would truly appreciate it if you can take the time and provide me with a POSITIVE RATING using the smiley faces/stars. Thank you so much and it was my pleasure helping you with your issue.*****