TherapistMaryAnn
TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues
54658078

My husband's libido is weaker than mine but he watches a lot

Customer Question

My husband's libido is weaker than mine but he watches a lot of porn and it hurts my feelings because I have been told that I am beautiful, etc by others and him. But our sex life is determined by him. I feel sexually frustrated and undesirable. I have tried discussing but nothing has changed except that he said he would reduce the amount of time he spends watching porn ...he has also changed his browser settings so I can not see how much. . He was looking at nude women pics while I was sitting next to him. . It really hurts and I just don't understand because I love sex with him and am always excited and willing.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.
Hello, I am sorry that your husband's libido is weaker than yours and that you feel sexually frustrated like this. In addition, his viewing of pornography further hurts this situation. I understand that you have spoken to him, but that has not changed this situation. Have you discussed the possibility of couples therapy with him? Also I read your description, but I noticed that you did not specifically pose a question, so may I ask what is your question that you would like an answer to?