Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  I have a doctoral degree in psychology and have a history of providing couple's and family therapy.
74815544

I know I have an issue with trust in my current relationship

Customer Question

I know I have an issue with trust in my current relationship and cannot figure out why. As far as I'm aware my boyfriend has always been faithful, is never flirtatious. However, I periodically check his phone. He is unaware of this. I know this is wrong and I would really like to not do it at all. I was recently reading texts between him and his best friend. My boyfriend asked his friend if "you have put away any dimes lately?" Is this normal guy to guy talk or should I be concerned my boyfriend is interested in someone else's sex life?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area.
Hello, I believe I may be able to help you with your question. A "dime" can refer to a very attractive person, and if he is using the word "dime" in that reference than most likely this is considered normal day to day conversation between males. Males will often ask about each other's exploits and if this particular friend is someone who tends to brag about women he has dated or slept with, than your boyfriend asking him about "dimes," is relatively normal. It is not unusual for males (and females) to converse about their sex lives, so this is relatively harmless and benign in most cases. This conversation alone would not conclude that your boyfriend is unfaithful or has a desire to be unfaithful.
I hope this answers your questions and gives you some guidance on this issue. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns as I am happy to assist and support you regarding this issue.
*****If you are satisfied with my answer, I would truly appreciate it if you can take the time and provide me with a positive rating so that I can receive credit for helping you. Thank you
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I was checking in to see if you have any further questions or concerns that you would like me to address on this issue?
*****If you are satisfied with my answer, I would truly appreciate it if you can take the time and provide me with a POSITIVE rating so that I can receive credit for helping you. Thank you