TherapistMaryAnn
TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues
54658078

My MIL is visiting from another country. She insists that

Customer Question

my MIL is visiting from another country. She insists that because of how far she travels and her age she shouldn't have to respect our wishes on what time she comes to our home. We have 3 boys ages 3, 4, and 5. We feel exhausted by the time she wants to come which is typically after 5. . then staying until late. We put the kids to bed at 6:30 and she claims to want to see the kids but refuses to come early.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.
Hello, I am very sorry that you are having these issues with your Mother in Law, I can understand how distressing this can be for you. Obviously you cannot control what she does as only she has the choice to stop being unreasonable and to try to compromise with you, so I see how this stubbornness by her can be frustrating. You did not pose a question in your description, so may I ask what is your specific question that you would like assistance with in regards ***** ***** situation?