PATRICIA
PATRICIA, HAPPILY MARRIED FOR 19 YEARS
Experience:  EXPERIENCED IN LOVE, RELATIONSHIPS
18263522

My husband wants to go camping with his coworkers (both male

Customer Question

My husband wants to go camping with his coworkers (both male and female). Spouses are not invited and they will be staying overnight, playing games, sitting by the fire and yes... Drinking. He thinks I am being overly jealous and over reacting by not wanting him to go. What are your thoughts?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  PATRICIA replied 1 year ago.
Hello I would say that I would not feel comfortable with that either. It would be different if spouses were allowed, but then again, what do I know. I don't know the company he works for, or why spouses are not invited. My question would be to you..... do you know any of the women that he works with? Do you know any of the men that he works with? If you have any question about your husband, or the men and women that he will be hanging around, then I would say, I don't think that would be a good idea. If you have GOD is your marriage and household, and you are both strong in the faith, then it would make temptation harder to enter the heart. Now, don't get me wrong, temptation may present itself, but you have to evaluate and look at your relationship and the others that will be around him. If there is any doubt, then I think you and your husband may need to discuss some things. Don't base the doubt just on the camping trip. I say this because if there is something there, in the heart, whether it be lust, or real love, then it will present itself again. Whether it be at the camping trip, at work, after hours, etc. I hope it helps, I can not tell you yes, he should go, or no he shouldn't go. You have to look at your relationship, and evaluate it.