TherapistMaryAnn
TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues
54658078

I moved away from my home town nearly 18 years ago. When I

Customer Question

I moved away from my home town nearly 18 years ago. When I was 18 years old I had a love I've never experienced again until now. The same gentleman ended up moving to the same town I now live in, nearly 2000 miles away from where we met to begin with. We started seeing each other. The first time we met again, it was like we were never apart. It was the same love I felt nearly 33 years ago with this man. He is married. For 4 months we were together. Then he could no longer take the guilt, and he told his wife about us. Then came here to my home. He stayed 2 days and then said he didn't love her like true deep love but felt responsible for the financial aspects of his house and his wife couldn't make it financially without him. So he went back. Then I started receiving letters from him in the mail, he couldn't text, go on facebook to message me or come here. He was being monitored no matter what he did. He is retired and 13 years older than me. He wrote letters saying he felt about his wife like she is a friend, room mate type thing and that it's not true love, but responsibility he went back to deal with but he really loves me. His daughter recently visited him and found out about me, she started to threaten me with restraining orders, etc, but that was not a reality since I go no where near him and don't talk to him. I love him so much, and I don't know what to think. He never said anything to me other than he loves me. The daughter said he is happy and doesn't want any more to do with me, but he never said any of this. I don't know what to do. I've been alone for nearly 15 years, my husband passed away in a car wreck and I do ok by myself, but this tugging at my heart and love and not knowing how he feels is killing me. I don't know whether to just do nothing or what do to. I just wanted to hear it from him, but they won't even let him speak, call, text, or anything to tell me himself that it is as they say. I'm broken hearted and it's all I think about. What do I do?
Category: Relationship
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
someone was already talking to me about this and asked for my financial information yet again. Then our discussion disappeared. What is going on?
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Hi. How old is the daughter? If he moved 18 year ago, this could make her 15-17?