TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker
64783947

I'm 24 year's old and have never had a girlfriend. About a

Customer Question

I’m 24 year’s old and have never had a girlfriend. About a month ago a popped into a cafe I had never been in before for a breakfast and caught the eye of one of the waitresses. What really caught my attention was that she kept looking at me and smiling, usually with a girl I fancy they just ignore me so this obviously made me feel hopeful. Since then I have made an effort to go into this cafe once a week and so far it seems to be going well. I’m seen as a regular in their now and always ask her how she is and when she walks past my table I look her in the eye and smile and she smiles back. However it’s difficult to make conversation as this cafe is always so busy.
Basically (as I’m new to this) I would just like some tips on where to go from here and when to eventually ask her out.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated, thanks :)
Category: Relationship
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome. I'm a Licensed Clinical Social Worker with more than 20 years experience working with individuals and families on a variety of issues.

Sounds like you are doing a great job and building a nice rapport with her. I would continue with your visits and try to sit in her section and get a sense of her a bit more. As you continue to develop this friendship you can casually say to her.." I hope I am not over stepping, but I would love to take you out for coffee, dinner or something fun." Then you can see how she responds.

If that feels too nerve wracking then you can always hand her a note with the same words....whatever makes you feel most comfortable. I like that you are willing to take a risk...whether it be her or anyone else, there is no way to know what her status is, but if you don't put yourself out there and risk it, you will never know.

You sound like a gentleman and it sounds like things are going in the right direction so far.