Jen Helant
Jen Helant, Counselor
Experience:  I have a degree in psychology and worked with many couples. I am happily married and have been for 10 years.
13551071

Jan, thank you help. I am still having a very

Customer Question

Hi Jan, thank you for your help. I am still having a very hard time with this. I am hurting a lot because he is leaving and he is in love with someone else. I still love him. I don't know what to do. He said he will always love me and wants to spend as
much time with me as he can before he leaves. I don't know what to do. I love him so much.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Jen Helant replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for requesting me and I am glad I could help. I understand how difficult this must be for you, but remember that it was up to him as well to save the relationship. Rather than find another woman in the Philippines he could have made changes in order to be with you, so don't blame yourself for this. Think about how he made you feel when he treated your daughter as such as well as what he did all day. Now he is going to live with someone in the Philippines. It sounds like he wants to find someone to take care of him. Time will heal your feelings. The best thing you can do is stay active and don't allow your feelings to take control. Put positive thoughts in your mind and be active even if you do not feel like it. It will not be an easy phase, but if he stood and did not change then it may have been a very unhappy phase for a much longer time. At least you can now try to pick up and move on with your life doing things that make you happy. Remember it is not what people tell you, but how they treat you that counts.