Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  I have a doctoral degree in psychology and have a history of providing couple's and family therapy.
74815544

Can 2 codependents get back together after breaking up 3x n

Customer Question

Can 2 codependents get back together after breaking up 3x n make it last?? Yes were are both in therapy now
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.
Hello, I believe I may be able to help you with your concern. To basically answer your question it would be possible for two individuals that struggle with co-dependency to reconcile their relationship, but in order for it to be healthy and long-lasting both of you would have to continue treatment to resolve this co-dependency issue. Once the co-dependency issue has been resolved for both of you through treatment, there is no reason you two cannot make the relationship for the long-term.
I hope this answers your question and provides you with some guidance on this issue. I wish you both all the best with your treatment and I hope that you both will be able to reconcile and have a long and healthy relationship.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service, so if you ever have any further questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me at anytime. If I answered your question satisfactorily I would very much appreciate if you could rate my performance in helping you so that I can get credit for this question. Thank you very much