therapist325
therapist325, Counselor
Experience:  Licensed Professional counselor with specialized training in relationships.
66557191

I have a new fiancé we been together 2 1/2 years her ex-husband

Customer Question

I have a new fiancé we been together 2 1/2 years her ex-husband was a serial cheater Hispanic man,they were married 13 years and have three kids,she's very old-fashioned conservative,my question is her ex-husband has been living with her brother in another house 5 miles away
Category: Relationship
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should this affect me I just find it odd that there isn't some safest space and the brother helps him out in the ex-husband has a great income
Expert:  therapist325 replied 1 year ago.
Hello-hoping to help you a little with your question. It sounds like you feel a little unsure of why the ex-husband is so close in not only proximity to you and your fiance, but also within the family structure. It may feel odd because having an ex that close to your daily in and outs can sometimes be uncomfortable, but what do you feel is the biggest worry with him being so close within the family still and only 5 miles away? Do you think the kids play a role in why the family still is involved or is helpful for the kids to have him that close? How does your fiance react to all of this?