TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker
64783947

My girlfriend and i have known eachother a year and haven't

Customer Question

My girlfriend and i have known eachother a year and haven't had sex after about 11 months i finally spoke up and said something. I never pressured her and she said she just can't make herself ready. But she's told me that she's slept with a person she's just met before...How should i feel?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome. I'm a Licensed Clinical Social Worker with more than 20 years experience working with individuals and families on a variety of issues.
It does seem to be quite some time and there seems to be a deeper reason as to why. I am glad you were open with her and not to pressure her at all but to clue her in to how you feel for her and what you desire. When she says she is not ready can she go deeper and let you know what might be getting in the way of her being ready?
If the relationship is good and you are connected and only seeing one another, then logically intimacy would exist. I would ask her if she believes it will happen at all....once you get a deeper understanding to some f these things you can then decide if this relationship works for you.