DrJackiePhD
DrJackiePhD, Doctor
Experience:  I have been doing research in relational/interpersonal communication since 1998. My Ph.D. is in interpersonal communication.
68163550

I came to San Francisco weekend and not sure

Customer Question

Hello, I came to San Francisco for a weekend and not sure what is the best thing which I can bring from here as present or something useful for me and my friends.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  DrJackiePhD replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
I'm Dr. Jackie, a communication researcher/professor and relationship expert. And how nice and thoughtful of you to decide to take a gift to your friends.
One suggestion is something for all of you to share such as a really nice large fruit basket. Almost everyone likes fruit and can have fruit even with dietary restrictions. Plus a basket ensures variety and then can be used for other things in the house after the fruit is eaten.
Another kind gesture might be a couple of bottles of wine if all of you are social drinkers. Wine (or sparkling cider if some people do not drink alcohol) is a wonderful gesture and can be from a local winery, which shows the extra, thoughtful touch.
If neither wine nor fruit appeal to you, another item might be a gift card to a nice home good store or a home improvement store (like Lowe's or Home Depot) if they are into updating their decor. Or a nice house tree (like a ficus or indoor palm tree) or other large plant would be a fourth idea if they have a collection of those kinds of greenery inside their home.
Honestly, most friends if they truly are friends will appreciate anything you give them. Any of the above items show class and thoughtfulness.
Let me know if this helps please or if you would like me to research some additional ideas.
Take good care,
--Dr. Jackie