Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  I have a doctoral degree in psychology and have a history of providing couple's and family therapy.
74815544

Should i contact with her again?I met a girl a year ago and she was teaching me coup

Customer Question

Should i contact with her again?I met a girl a year ago and she was teaching me for a couple of months,and after that we liked each other. it was my first and most serious relationship, and we have so much in common. the only one thing that we do not have in common is that her religious. she was saying if you want me and want to marry me you must covert and i am not wanna do at all. she loves me so much and i know that very well and so do i and i was surprised that she moved on and deleted me from all her contacts list and social media. after that she i did not contact her at all but her previous boyfriend called me (she told me before she blocked me that she got her boyfriend back and she does not want any troubles withe him again) and said never call her or text her again . i did not text or call her after the day she blocked me but i do not know he was saying that i did. anyway 15 days left and i got another call from her boyfriend again also saying the same thing.
Category: Relationship
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i love her so much and we were planning to get married but i do not know things changed between us. i have not talked to her now for almost 2 months and i that is because she said that "do not ever call or text me again" she never was like that, we loved each other so much till the last day she moved on. now after all, her birthday is ***** 9 days and i do not know if it is a good idea to send her an email saying happy birthday since it is the day also we started our relationship.
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.
Hello, I believe I may be able to help you with your concern. I am sorry that you and your girlfriend ended your relationship in this way. While I know you love and care about her a lot, I would not recommend contacting her at this time because she did say never to contact her again, deleted all your contact information, she is in a new relationship already, and the religion factor still is present. Contacting her again will probably either result in her ignoring you, responding in anger or irritation, responding nicely, or just responding with short answers and indifference. No matter what it does not appear that a relationship will be able to arise from this situation because of her firm beliefs and her drastic change in attitude towards you as well. I know this is hard to hear, but moving forward with your life and not contacting her may be best for you so that you can heal from this troubling break-up. Also by not contacting her, you are showing that you respect her wishes too and if you break that, there is an increased chance she would ignore or respond in anger towards you. Instead if she ever wants to contact you than she can do that, but it has to be her choice to come to you first based on how this relationship ended. During that time, I would just recommend focusing on yourself and moving forward with your life.
I hope this answers your questions and gives you some guidance on this issue. I wish you all the best no matter what decision you make.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service, so if you ever have any further questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me at anytime. If I answered your question satisfactorily I would very much appreciate if you could rate my performance in helping you so that I can get credit for this question. Thank you very much