Dr. Paige
Dr. Paige, Psychologist
Experience:  Ph.D. Licensed Psychologist
15718554

I dated a girl 25 years ago I got she got married we bouth

Customer Question

I dated a girl 25 years ago I got she got married we bouth got a davorice we recenley got married I just found out she was on the pill and had sex with 4 or 5 guys right before we were married she let these guys cum inside of her should I have a problem with that I though that was a sacraed thing
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Paige replied 1 year ago.
Hello. So if I read your question correctly, you were not in a relationship with her at the time she had sex with the other men ? If you were not in a relationship with her at the time, she is free to do whatever she wanted to do with whatever men she wanted to. If this makes you uncomfortable, then that is the way it makes you feel. You cannot dismiss your own feelings about a situation. No one can tell you how to feel about something. I'm not sure what you mean by "sacred", but your now wife is an individual person who has her own beliefs on the things she can and cannot do with her body. Of course, now that you are married, you both must be true to each other, but if this happened when she was not involved with any other relationship, then she was acting in the way she wanted to. The fact that she was honest with you about it is a positive thing. She feels comfortable enough with you to share these things with you, in whatever context it was brought up. If she is now married to you, not pregnant with any other man's child, is honest, fair and dedicated to you, then you should let the past be the past. If it is something which bothers you, you can bring it up and discuss with her, but she may get defensive with you if you bring it up in a negative and argumentative way, so use caution. Try to look towards the future with her and not be hung up on the past. If it was before she was dedicated to you, then try your best to leave it be.