Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
40019946

I reconnected with a girl I have had a crush on for 16 years.

I reconnected with a girl I have had a crush on for 16 years. We reconnected through the internet and found out we live down the street from each other. She told me that she knew I had a crush on her but I never had the guts to ask her out. So 2 weeks in talking to her on the internet, I opened up to her and she liked it but she said she wasn't ready to have a relationship with me and couldn't reciprocate the feelings I had for her because she had feelings for the guy she was seeing at the time. A week later she asked me for my advice on her relationship with the guy. She told me that all he does is basically use her for sex and she always wanted more from him. I told her that he's just using you for his own needs and isn't loving you and respecting you like you deserve and he isn't going to love you like you want him to. So she took my advice to heart and cut him off completely. She told me she deleted his number but he keeps on texting her. I told her he just wants his needs fulfilled and she told me it ain't going to happen. I asked her out again and she said that I deserve better and she feels bad for rejecting me because I'm a sweet guy. I came into town from college and we spent about 2 hours together with her best friend walking around downtown and drinking coffee. She asked me later on online since we haven't seen each other in a long time if my opinion changed about her. I told her that she's older, mature, and curses alot but she is still the beautiful girl that I remember. Three weeks later I told her I had a dream about us being together and she said that I think it's best that we no longer be friends because friends can't have feelings for each other. I dropped the subject and we continued to talk everyday. I always send her poems, notes, motivational and inspirational speeches, and jokes to make her happy. 2 weeks ago I was in town for a funeral and she asked if I wanted to have coffee together. I of course said yes. I met up with her and got in her car. She immediately took off her sunglasses and looked dead at me with this look and said to me this is what I look with out makeup. I responded with your so beautiful and you shouldn't hide that natural beauty with makeup. She said aww, your too sweet. We drove around together for about an hour telling each other our life stories and she kept her sunglasses off, often glancing at me while driving. Then she opened up to me a bit when asking why I chose my major because she said I was way too nice to fire anybody. She said I was smart, sweet, wouldn't hurt a fly, and cute. While we were driving she even touched my hand. I was thinking I opened up way too soon and she wanted to get to know the real me before making a decision. When I left back for school in the wee hours of the morning, she called me and we talked for an hour while I was driving back to school. I was supposed to hang out with her the night before, but she forgot and kept apologizing to me. Even when I got back in to my dorm and on the internet she said sorry again. I told her that it's ok, we'll have a whole week to hang out and do things together. She replied with a smile. Next week I'm going to pick her up from work and we're going to hang out for a bit. I asked her out for breakfast and she said YAY!. Yesterday she said I always make her smile and she likes everything I write to her. She told me she was dying her hair blonde, and I remember telling her earlier in our conversations that I thought she looked real cute with blonde hair. I told her, are you trying to kill me? lol. fyi you look good with blonde, red, light brown, dark brown, black hair as long as your beautiful face of yours is there, you look beautiful in any color. She told me I'm so sweet. But I finally admitted that she looks real good with blonde hair and she sent me a smile. I told her that thanks for letting me have an input and she makes me feel special and she responded because you are. I'm thinking as each day goes by she is liking me more and more and is developing feelings for me.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Elliott, LPCC, NCC replied 10 months ago.
Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Dear friend,

We have talked before.

It seems as if things are progressing in a positive manner.

You are being persistent in a very positive manner and seem to be getting positive results and generating more interest. You may even succeed in winning her over.

This woman seems to have a bit of low self-esteem which is probably why she is hesitant to form a relationship with some like yourself whom she considers to be of a very high caliber.

Continue to do what you are doing. Be attentive and positive.

Don't go too quickly as she may get frightened and run away. However, if you continue to proceed at a slow, cautious rate, I believe that you will be met with success.

I wish you continued success.

Warm regards,

Elliott, MAE, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience: 35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.