Rafael M.T.Therapist
Rafael M.T.Therapist, Psychotherapist
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach
65591635

My nephews wife is acting differently ,dressing sexier, and

My nephews wife is acting differently ,dressing sexier, and talking about a new guy at work. She told him how smart and great he is, and he heard about her discuss this guys physical features to her girlfriends. Is he overreacting or she might have a thing for him, that could lead to more. He is coming to me as a confidant

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Hello, I am Rafael. Thanks for asking your question - I'm here to support you. (Information posted here is not private or confidential but public).

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I am very sorry to know about this serious situation.

Customer:

Thank you Rafael, me too. Good day to you.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

You're welcome. Thank you for being here.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I do not think he is overreacting at all, but acknowledging concrete red flags, reality that is obviously alarming since she is openly showing behaviors that are not consistent with her marital status, unless they happen to have an open -non-exclusive marriage or whose value and belief system tolerate such behaviors.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

For how long have they been married and what circustances-issues may have led to these changes in her behavior?

Customer:

Computer trouble sorry. 8 years and she works out more often and baught sexier clothes

Customer:

Bought (sp)

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

No problem.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I see, then these are bright red flags for sure.

Customer:

No other issues he knows about that led to this behavior

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Better he addresses this changes as soon as possible in order to find out what is happening and work on making necessary improvements in their marital life.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

A married woman does not suddenly change her behavior this way out of nothing, it seems obvious that she is trying to get male attention and she is already talking about this other male.

Customer:

Right, okay. So how does he go about confrontation?

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

It's very concerning for his wife to be doing this and for him to talk to you about it instead of immediately addressing it with his wife, what shows that regardless all these years of marriage their level of closeness, trust and intimacy in their communication and relationship is very limited.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

He should confront her behaviors not her, being respectful, honest , open, direct, showing respect and empathy but not codependency since it would enable dysfunction instead of healthy communication and sharing, leading to improvements.

Customer:

Yes, that is a reasonable observation, which I must agree

Customer:

Awesome, thank you Rafael

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

You're very welcome.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Thank you for your trust.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions and to follow up, since I am here willing to support you as possible. Thank you for your trust.