Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.

Hi, if you met two people who became your friends and one told

Hi, if you met two people who became your friends and one told the other what your
conversation was about in a phone conversation, in the course of expressing concern for you but they did tell what was said, would they still be your friend or what to do? Now,
would you consider that they were by that placing the other person as their friend and
maybe not you? Then that person told you they told them and reassured you they were
your friend. Is this an expression of true concern on the other person's part or should you be wary and what to do about it? Or is it normal? She was expressing concern to the other person about me based on what I told her so maybe it is O.K. but if it is a surprise does that mean it is not? These are for about two months, adults.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Rafael M.T.Therapist replied 8 months ago.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Hello, I am Rafael. Thanks for asking your question - I'm here to support you. (Information posted here is not private or confidential but public).

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I am sorry I was going to answer your question but got an urgent call and have to leave . I will opt out the question for another expert to answer. I apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks.

Expert:  Elliott, LPCC, NCC replied 8 months ago.
Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Dear friend,

I believe that I can help with this concern.

It seems that you all are mutual friends, and evidently care about one another.

Although you did not reveal any details, it does not seem as if there was any vicious or destructive gosssip going on, but rather basic chit-chat about your well-being. From what you say it was based on interest in you as her friend and concern for your well-being.

You are evidently central to the lives of both of these people and they care about you.

No secrets were revealed, and no harm was intended.

This seems to be no more than normal everyday conversation. I believe we all are a bit uncomfortable when we are the subject of others' conversation because we feel excluded, but there is absolutely nothing to worry about here.

I wish you good fortune and shall keep you in my prayers.

Warm regards,

Elliott, MAE, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience: 35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.