Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.

how do you know if a girl likes you

how do you know if a girl likes you
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Elliott, LPCC, NCC replied 7 months ago.
Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Dear friend,

There are many ways to know if a girl likes you.

-she seems to light up when she sees you

-she smiles at you

-she will take her time (maybe a small amount if she is busy to say hello or chat with you

-she doesn't physically distance herself from you when talking to you, but rather stays in a normal close distance.

-her eyes look at yours and they seem positive

-she might occasionally touch you on the arm or shoulder when she is talking to you

-she seems to frequently places that you go to

-she goes out of her way to great you

-you catch her looking at you when you are in the same vicinity.

-she says positive things to your friends or asks about you

-she invites you to be on her FB page

-she calls or texts you

-she asks for help

It doesn't have to be all of these items, but a few of them. If she is giving you body language that you understand to be positive, then she likes you.

I wish you great success and shall keep you in my prayers.

Warm regards,

Elliott
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

We hardly see each other but talk over facebook everyday.The second week we were talking I opened up to her telling her how I feel about her and would like to be in a relationship with her. We haven't seen each other in years but reconnected over facebook. she says she just wants to be friends but seems to be warming up to me. We hung out twice in the past month, once with her best friend, and the second time we were alone together in her car driving around drinking coffee reconnecting with each other. The second time we were together when I got in the car, she took off her sunglasses and looked at me saying this is what I look like without make up on an I told her she was beautiful without it and don't hide your natural beauty. While we were in the car she did touch my hand briefly. We talked about how we got to this point in our lives with jobs and school. She said I was smart, sweet, and good looking guy. Yesterday she asked my opinion on just by looking at her and not knowing her, what I thought her personality might be and opened up to her again and she said you always make me smile. Found out it was for what her coworkers think of her by just looking at her lol. Yesterday also she told me she was dying her hair blonde and asked my opinion on it and I told her that as long as your beautiful face is with it, any color would look good on you. She responded by saying I'm so sweet. I told her thanks for making me feel special and she replied you are special. I'm picking her up from work next week to spend time with her and asked if it was ok if I took her out for breakfast and she responded yay. I asked her if I was going to be able to see a pic of her with her new hair color and she told me that I won't see it until I see her personally. I asked if it was a surprise for me and she said maybe. It seems to me she wants to be more than friends. Am I right?

Dear friend,

This to me sounds like a blossoming love relationship. You seem to be doing everything right, although you did open up and reveal your feelings a bit too early.

Since you did NOT scare her away, the she likes the idea that you are interested in her.

I think that there are no red flags at all. Continue to be sweet and let HER set the pace, but be right up there with her.

Just be yourself and continue what you are doing. I am very happy for you, and it somehow gives me a great feeling when I see something progressing in such a positive manner.

It ain't broke; don't fix it. Everything seems right. Keep moving forward and you shalll get there.

Warm regards,

Elliott
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience: 35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.