RealSupport
RealSupport, Psychotherapist
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach
65591635

what do you do when your daughter keeps choosing men who are

what do you do when your daughter keeps choosing men who are inferior to her in almost every way/

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Hello, I am Rafael. Thanks for asking your question - I'm here to support you. (Information posted here is not private or confidential but public).

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I am sorry to know about this situation.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Could you please tell me more about your daughter, her poor choices and what's her age?

Customer:

25 attractive intelligent lawyer always chooses men who are not nearly as intelligent and lack sophistication

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I imagine you feel very frustrated and concerned about this situation.

Customer:

i do it feels like groundhog day

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I see, then she is already and adult and professional, with an independent life, right?

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

What does she say about it?

Customer:

yes do i just backoff and leave her to stuff up or still have the conflict of trying to discuss the issues

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Does she also feel frustrated and unhappy because of her choices around relationships?

Customer:

initially happy because the guys are punching far above their weight and are thrilled with her then things go pear shaped

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I see!

Customer:

is it time to backoff and let her face the consequences of poor decisions

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

If you have been trying to promote her insight about her choices and how sound and healthy or not her choices happen t be but have got no openness to consider your support, then she would need to learn from direct and painful experiences about these core issues, and how things work in relationships.

Customer:

ok thanks

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Absolutely, since she is old enough, a professional and needs to experience life herself and learn from her mistakes, otherwise she would never mature in this area...