Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
40019946

My new boyfriend is very frustrated with me at the moment

Customer Question

My new boyfriend is very frustrated with me at the moment and when he gets frustrated he needs to take some space away from me;but he does call me about 5 -7 days away from me.He doesn't call ,text ,or stop by.It was his birthday the other day so I gave him a relly nice card saying I really cared about him.plus I gave him other stuff too,everything was going good,he kissed me passionly He Has a bad back,his knee swelled up like a balloon he was in alot of pain.Iasked him if he would like if I did the dishes for him,he said no so I went to go sit down and he got angry with me saying when I did his dishes before I never asked,he said u just give me a card saying u love me and then asked to do my dishes,u should just do them,cause he was in so much pain.Was I out of line cause he asked me to go home and we haven t talk since then.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Elliott, LPCC, NCC replied 10 months ago.
Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Dear friend,

Your boyfriend is way out of line. You showed him kindness after kindness and he treated you like a dog he doesn't even like.

He has no reason to be frustrated with you. He should be grateful to have such a wonderful friend as you.

You are the one who should be frustrated with him. He is totally wrong to treat you this way.

You need to find a man who appreciates what a great woman you are.

I recommend that you think twice before taking up with this man again. You are probably much better off without him.

This man is rude and unappreciative and not the type of man a woman should want in her life.

I suggest that you move on and find someone who cares about your and appreciate you and treats you with respect and kindness. This is not the man for you.

I shall keep you in my prayers.

Warm regards,

Elliott, MAE, LPCC, NCC, CMHC
Dear XXXXXrica,

I have given you excellent advice.

If this is the kind of man you want in your life then why do you even ask a question? You must enjoy being treated this way. Most others would not. If this is your preference, then enjoy your life.with him.

I hope that you have a long life with this continued bliss and being treated in an appropriate manner by such a thoughtful man.

Warm regards,

Ellliott
Dear XXXXX,

I hope you have a long relationship with this man as you seem to enjoy it very much. I wish you continued success with this fine man.

Warm regards,

Elliott
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience: 35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
May God bless you and bring you the happiness you deserve, Paticia.

Warmest regards,

Elliott