Rafael M.T.Therapist
Rafael M.T.Therapist, Psychotherapist
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach
65591635

Rafael, greetings. I bought a car from a guy several

Rafael, greetings. I bought a car from a guy several months ago. He is a financial advisor and I ask him some questions and receive some good advice. However I recently called him again for advice which only took about a couple minutes to explain and I was rather straightforward. He was pleasant but I felt like i overstepped my bounds and was completely embarrassed when I hung up. it was a short conversation and at the end he was short himself however what nerve I had asking him a question..

Category: Relationship
Expert:  Rafael M.T.Therapist replied 10 months ago.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Hello

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Could you please tell me a little more why you think you felt this way about it?

Customer:

I dont know. Intimidated. Calling just for advice, which was nervy on my part. Our business is done. Maybe because im a woman?

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I see you got sound advice from him, got a car, both benefited from this deal, and then he was also willing to provide an answer when you recently contacted him. I do not see anything worn in your behavior.

Customer:

Than im perplexed at the intense embarrasment I felt after hanging up. Its been months

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I seems you are judging yourself to the point of feeling this overwhelmed by a situation that does not deserve all that attention n energy

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I think it is another experience pointing at your need to become more patient, understanding, gentle and supportive with yourself, for you not to judge and push yourself this way, since there is nothing wrong with what happened.

Customer:

Yes, low self esteem, and feeling inferior as a woman? Who knows.. okay

Customer:

Dysfunctional marriage, illness

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

These feelings of inadequacy and embarrasment should be confronted with a proactive and positive attitude, no need to torment yourself with it

Customer:

Thanks okay,

Customer:

I tend to scrutinize myself

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

One more chance to better embrace and support yourself, life is stressful in many ways, and that's why we need to address it with a simple mind approach instead of pushing ourselves to experience more pain.

Customer:

Right, I see

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I can see that, and the same as it happens with any rigid mind approach or tendency to perfectionism, we need to confront it and redirect ourselves back to being kind, patient and understanding with ourselves, reminding ourselves that there is nothing good nor healthy we could get from tormenting ourselves with anything.

Customer:

Yes. Its what you also told me about sickness if you remember. It calls for us to take care of ourself. Not sure how you said it, but it resonated

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

There are many distorted beliefs we got from families, marriages, society, dominant groups, culture, church, that could deeply distort our views and ways we feel and cope with life, this is why we need to be alert and willing to learn from painful experiences, in order to make necessary changes, so to be able to enjoy life in more whole and real ways.

Customer:

Sure, like me feeling innately inferior as a woman, I got this along the way

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Yes! it's a like a red flag, an SOS alert, a way our body-mind -spirit let us know that there is something not going very well inside ourselves leading to problems inside and around us, physically, mental, emotionally or at any other level, and if we listen to this call, pain would go away since having accomplished its mission

Customer:

I see, tend to it right away

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Then there is the need to work on empowering yourself in your different roles, as a whole human being, including embracing your female nature and feeling fulfilled and stronger because of it.

Customer:

Right, despite inequality and subtle or overt prejudice and innate message ive adopted as acwoman, feeling inferior around men

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Specially because of that systematic discrimination, stereotyping and abuse women have been suffering, you need to actively confront all those illusions and take back your own power to rule your lives the way you want, need and deserve.

Customer:

I hear you. Sighhh. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX these messages. Listen to the SOS, on any level, mind body and spirit. Respond to it gently and that applies to different roles

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Right!

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

You're very welcome

Customer:

Good day, I appreciate it ..

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Have a good one too, thanks.

Rafael M.T.Therapist, Psychotherapist
Experience: MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach