Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.

Hello. I have another question for you regarding the relationship

Hello. I have another question for you regarding the relationship with my floormates in the basement apartment in Quebec City. I'm really upset because I can't believe in God, eat sugar, be shy, and/or say the very rare opinion without having them complain about it. I can't tell the owners what is going on because they will take the side of the floormates since they've been here longer than I have. They will also demonize me. (Anything bad that goes on in this house is blamed on me). So, I can't relax, and I have a hard time getting to sleep and sleeping at night because of this and other things.

Most places here close around five or six at night. What should I do?
Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

As long as you let them bully you , then you will be bullied. There are some things that you can tell them, along the line of "taissez-vous" or "garder vos propres ognions" or similar phrases, or still better, just think it and ignore them. There is no rule of etiquette that says that one must respond to a rude person. Perhaps if you responded in kind, Madame la proprietaire would ask you to leave, which would be a blessing to you.

Perhaps there is a service at your school that can also intervene for you to break the contract.

I suggest that you need to learn to be more forceful and to stand up for yourself and this is a good place and time to start. If you do not start now then this behaviour will follow you in life. Some people have a sense when another can be bullied and they will gang up and pick on you.

Now is the time to fight back.

Let me recommend a wonderful book for you:

Product Details

Coping with Cliques: A Workbook to Help Girls Deal with Gossip, Put-Downs, Bullying, and Other Mean Behavior by Susan Sprague

You can get a Kindle edition which you can read on your computer.

And another inexpensive Kindle book:

Product Details

Beat The Bully: A Guide To Dealing With Adult Bullying by Alex Gadd, Anna Gadd and Adam Wiseman

You must learn to stand up for yourself, Stepahnie.

I will keep you in my prayers for strength to resist and overcome these small kinded children.

Warm regards,