TherapistMaryAnn
TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues
54658078

Hi, So since our last conversation, I have been sending

So since our last conversation, I have been sending few txt msgs and he has been somewhat replying. My mom knowing what's going on, she invited him over for dinner past saturday. There was check he had to get from my house too ( he was fixing my parents' bathroom prior to breakup as a gift for my parents, but hasn't finished it yet. But he's really responsible and does everything he promises) He said he would come, but at the last minute, he said he had an emergency work ( he actually di
It sounds like he is treating you very poorly, which indicates he does not respect you. If he won't respond to your attempts at communication, then he might be trying to control you. Not responding means he is not willing to deal with his own issues regarding the relationship and instead wants you to do all the apologizing and repair to the relationship without him contributing at all.

At this point, it is better to back off and not contact him. Until he is ready to cooperate and approach the issues between you in an open way, your relationship will stay the same as it is now with you doing all the giving and him holding back and treating you badly.

Kate
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It actually cut it off... It should have been;

So since our last conversation, I have been sending few txt msgs and he has been somewhat replying. My mom knowing what's going on, she invited him over for dinner past saturday. There was check he had to get from my house too ( he was fixing my parents' bathroom prior to breakup as a gift for my parents, but hasn't finished it yet. But he's really responsible and does everything he promises) He said he would come, but at the last minute, he said he had an emergency work ( he actually did) said he couldn't make it.My mom said it's ok, she will wait... he called back around 930PM saying he was still working and he said he would come on Sunday ( yesterday).

I called him yesterday morning and asked him if he didn't come because of me. He said no, he actually had work and he's already on his way work for that day... I said ok, I won't be at home, so make yourself comfortable and come... he said ok. He called me around 6:50pm asking where I was, I said I was at church. He said I should come because it's weird for him to be there by himself. So I went but I couldn't see his eyes directly. He had conversations with my parents and laughed acting normal. He was tired so left early with my mom's leftover food and a present. I followed him outside and asked if he read my txt sent that morning ( I really want to talk about it, not only specifically about the breakup.. I know you are busy, so contact me in 2-3 weeks.) he said he didn't read it, but I know he did cuz I got the read receipt. so I just followed him to the car and asked if he was still mad. He said he's not mad, he doesn't feel a thing. He kept ignoringme, he acted like he wasn't there. he was so cold. he said I'm gonna go. I was like do you want to talk about it later? He said are you being persistent again?? I was like no.... so I backed off. He said " I'll contact later". then left.

I've been keeping myself busy, working out and church. At this point, what do you think? Does it have a chance? What should I do? I do not want to drag it longer than it has to be though. I want to be with him, but if he's that cold, what should I do?

Yes, I went back and read the original question and answered based on that post rather than this new question.

Thank you for the positive rating and bonus!

Kate