DrPsychologist, Doctor
Experience:  I am a licensed psychologist with over 10 years of experience in providing mental health psychotherapy.

I just received notice that the child I now have lives in India.

Customer Question

I just received notice that the child I now have lives in India. His name isXXXXX would like to write to him and send him a few pictures of my two sons and two granddaughters. Are there appropriate ways to do this or any inappropriate ones. Our two sons are ages 42 and 47. Our granddaughters are 18 and 14. One son lives in Philadelphia, PA and the other lives close by in Madisonville, LA.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  JohnMichaels,MS,LPC replied 2 years ago.

JohnMichaels,MS,LPC : Welcome to JustAnswer! I am a Licensed Professional Counselor. Please note, this is not therapy, but information. I do hope I can help you though. I would love to help you find a solution. Could you provide me with more details concerning your child and relation with him? How old is he? Do you have an established relationship with him?. Any details might be helpful.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

John, we never did have a chat. I don't think it's your fault - I should have gone elsewhere for answers, i.e. Children's International. It has now been taken care of so no need to worry.

Expert:  DrPsychologist replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I just wanted to offer some guidance. In writing it would be helpful to let him know that you have been thinking about him and would like to reconnect. It is important not to overwhelm him with information that you want him to know but instead to find out if that would be helpful for him and what would benefit him/feel comfortable for him. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.