Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
40019946

im trying to figure how to have a relationship if counter

Customer Question

i'm trying to figure how to have a sexual relationship if counterpart wants a arousal and go, but i'm totally after feel feel and arise. the sex is about releasing emotions for me. so no matter how i feel as long as it isn't me having sex and i can do it on my own as well without people in the room. how do we solve this? i can be touched and feel better, but i get all winded up by tthing his body. when i'm alone i can use oehr people as a picture and suddenly i'm all theirs just by thinking about them. I control the sex with my mind, it has nothing to do with real emotions. I can picture anything. I am addicted to warmth tho, and someone talk to. i'm better off having a fight emotionally and then have sex, than feeling anything for the person.

I can do anything as long as it involves emotions.
I do not care about the body. Not about people's feelings, I only get to have them.
I watch tv and feel things when I'm not with people, and I have sex with myself while I think of others when I'm alone.
I have adrenaline rush. I train iblsant to feel well. I have feelings all the time.
I'm going after people just to feel.
Now you see why I'm not out there among people who can not tolerate this.
I use all the emotions to feel, but I feel really nothing for anyone but myself. I feel better with people who are feeling people and I feel constant. This is impossible to treat. There are genes that can not be addressed. I could use 100 view of people to hear who they are and what they do just to be able to say something to them and come up with solutions to their needs, just to have something do. When you see maybe what I am. I'll do anything to get attention.
i'm a emotionsexoholic.

Category: Relationship
Expert:  Elliott, LPCC, NCC replied 1 year ago.
Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Dear friend,

You seem to be a very intriguing person.

I really like your term "emotionalsexoholic".

I believe that there is already another term for this concept. There is nothing new under the sun.

It is called Histrionic Personality Disorder and I believe that you may fit into that diagnostic caterogy, from the official Psychiatric Diagnostic Manual.

Here are the diagnostic criteria, quoted verbatim:

(DSM IV - TR) HISTRIONIC PERSONALITY DISORDER

A pervasive pattern of excessive emotionality and attention seeking, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:

(1) is uncomfortable in situations in which he or she is not the center of attention

(2) interaction with others is often characterized by inappropriate sexually seductive or provocative behavior

(3) displays rapidly shifting and shallow expression of emotions

(4) consistently uses physical appearance to draw attention to self

(5) has a style of speech that is excessively impressionistic and lacking in detail

(6) shows self-dramatization, theatricality, and exaggerated expression of emotion

(7) is suggestible, i.e., easily influenced by others or circumstances

(8) considers relationships to be more intimate than they actually are

If you fit five or more of the 8 then you are diagnosable. You may not have all 5 but you are probably close. What do you think?

I wish you great happiness and success. If you don't like the way you are then you can get therapy from from someone who works with personality disorders.

If you do like the way you are, then enjoy yourself.

Either way I shall keep you in my prayers.

Warm regards,

Elliott, MAE, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC

Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience: 35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.