psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

my husband is an alcoholic, hides his drinking 70% of time.

my husband is an alcoholic, hides his drinking 70% of time. he has refused to travel for past few years. is he controlling the environment where he is able to drink?
Men who drink are experts in controlling their environment. They need to do this in order to continue their bad habits. If they don't then the people around them expect too much. You can't change anyone especially someone in addiction. What you can do is to change you so that you are stronger and more willing to accept what hard decisions you face. Find an Alanon meeting in your area that will give you insight into what others have successfully done to live with this mate. You have a responsibility and that is to yourself. Instead of facing him face others who are living it. You may also seek out professional help so that you don't cross into enabling. Focus on you and your needs and let him focus on his.