Dr. Bonnie
Dr. Bonnie, Psychologist
Experience:  Experienced in counseling all age persons on relationship issues.

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX i have been living with a guy for

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX i have been living with a guy for 1 1/2 years. Before he moved here from out of state, he seemed hesitant to get too close and wouldnt tell me that he loved me. After he moved here, he still remained distant and wouldnt be intimate with me or have any passion. He was emotionally unavailable and I became so insecure and so depressed. I loved this guy more than anything and now i dont know what to do. He spends all his time working, on the computer or cell phone playing games or sleeping. I get very little of his time. We never go out and yes, i have tried numerous times to talk to him about our relationship and he just ignores me and wont say anything to help me understand. I cant take it anymore so i asked him to move out and he just sighs and still we continue the way we are. What can i do? i love him but he obviously is not in love with me. I feel "trapped"
Hello Denise,
I am sorry that you are in this difficult situation. It is clear that you cannot tolerate this behavior from him anymore. If I would ask you, can you accept him the way he is, I am quite sure your answer would be "no". Right? He will not change so you need to take action. I am wondering why you have not taken the step to move out. If it is because this is your home and possessions, then, you may need to get legal help to get him out. He needs to know that you mean business. This is the only recourse that you have at this time because this relationship does not sound healthy for you. You can delay this step but only if he will go to therapy with you imediately.

Your reactions to this advice?