Rafael M.T.Therapist
Rafael M.T.Therapist, Psychotherapist
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach
65591635

rafael

Rafael, Regarding the book club discussion we had yesterday, is it possible that this woman was just finding anyone who would listen to her saga because she happened to be sitting next to me and I was a new target to try? Meaning, could this have still happened to me, even if she didnt subconsciously interpret me on her radar screen as a pushover?

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Hello. Yes, I think it is possible and would make sense, since when people are like that, they would try to get as much attention as possible from anybody who happens to be around, in this case it happened to be you. (please, you do not need to pay again for this follow up question, OK?)

Customer:

Thank you... good day

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

When I return, will I be percieved as the pushover by others because I let it go on so long, or will I be more be likely to be viewed as the newbie got targeted and now she learned about her.... similar....of fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. Feeling embarrassed at my weakness in front of others. But I learned, and have practiced what to say next time.

I think you would be perceived more as the new member adjusting to the group and its members. Please, do not obsess about what happened, since it would not help but fuel anxiety and limit your ability to function, enjoy experiences and learn from them in productive ways.

Focus on what is truly healthy and proactive, learning from experience and having a relaxed and simple mind approach.