Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.

I came across a dental hygienist over a year ago and I was

I came across a dental hygienist over a year ago and I was very attracted to her. I even asked her out but I did it over the phone since I was nervous about it. I continued to see her for checkups every two or three months and during my checkups she began asking me personal questions about my life. She would ask what days I have off and what I would do with my time off. I knew she was interested and I wanted to ask her out again but she had told me no. I did not want to be a pest and I was in the middle of getting my life sorted out. I kind of figured that even if I went on a date with her that as soon as she found out about my situation she would not have anything to do with me anymore. I continued my checkups with her wanting to ask her out the whole time. During my last visit with her she mentioned working in another office during her time off and when I left the office I noticed that she looked sad. When I came in for a root canal before my next checkup I was told by the desk clerk that she had stopped working with them and had went to a different office. I do not know where she works now and I still think about her every day. With the internet I would be able to very easily obtain this information but I feel wrong about doing that. I also feel wrong about not doing it and am very unsure about what to do. Where I have my dental appointments is actually a drive out of town for me and there are dentists in my town. I continued going there to see her and am considering taking a chance and just picking an office with the hope of coming across her. Sometimes I go to her town just for the hope of coming across her. When I was with her I felt like I was at almost complete peace. I say this with complete humor but if you don't know yet I would like some advice on what to do. It has been almost a year since I last saw her.
Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Dear friend,

I believe that I can help.

It is evident that you missed several good opportunities to possibly initiate a relationship with this woman who is so appealing to you.

She wanted you to ask her and even warned you about moving to a new office but you never took the initiative because you are probably a bit shy and not very forward.

Now you are in a situation where you would like to re-establish contact with her but you are still being too timid.

You need to do two things, and probably work on both at once.

The first is to locate this woman and make contact with her and ask her out for coffee or dinner or whatever she would enjoy and feel comfortable with.

The second is to work on your shyness and gain more self confidence.

How can you find her? By going to her town and hoping to get lucky is probably not the best approach. It is too random. Here are the things I would do:

-find her on the internet if you don't have her number

-call the office where you worked (your dentist) and ask for her or how you can reach her

-if that doesn't work call every dentist in the area and ask for her by name until you find her.

I also urge you to order the following workbooks and work on building your self confidence:

Product Details

The Self-Esteem Workbook by Glenn R. Schiraldi

Don't let these two opporunities pass you by: the opportunity to win this woman over to you, and the opportunity for personal growth in self-esteem.

I wish you great success and shall keep you in my prayers.

Warm regards,