Rafael M.T.Therapist
Rafael M.T.Therapist, Psychotherapist
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach
65591635

why would a woman put her husband name on her new home and

why would a woman put her husband name on her new home and she is divorcing him

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Hello, I am Rafael. Thanks for asking your question - I'm here to support you. (Information posted here is not private or confidential but public).

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Could you please clarify or tell me a little more about this specific situation?

Customer:

I know for a fact she is divorcing him. She got a new place at an apartment buildng and his name comes up also in the white pages.

Customer:

She is the one with the money

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

You mean this apartment has been totally paid and is registered under his name?

Customer:

Under her name,but his name comes up as a person she knows

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

If they are getting divorce and she is the one with bigger financial resources, it would not make any sense unless it was their agreement as part of their divorce process for him to provide such support

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Is this a friend of yours? What does she tell you about it?

Customer:

she and I are in love with one another, and he has threatened her, so i do not go around any longer. we are moving in together and i was wondering why his name came up on the apartment

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

If you are in a relationship and it is a serious mature commitment, why haven{t you asked her about it?

Customer:

the position that she holds is really big and she is very discreet. i know he is keeping the family home

Customer:

i am a female

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I see, but if you are in a serious relationship, yo need to have enough mutual trust and intimacy in order to openly and honesty discuss matters like this, since it is about core concerns affecting your life together, and without this assertive approach, you would not be able to build a healthy and fulfilling relationship together, does it make sense?

Customer:

it is sort of complicated. the person i was involved with works for her. i do not go around any longer because of the conflict between me and her ex and me and my ex. i know she has bought a new place so that we could move in together, i just did not understand why his name came up. i was thinking because her job is buying her new place and they do not know whats going on in her private life.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

That would be the only reasonable explanation, since when something like this happen, most time implies divorcing spouses are keeping material attachments, what would not promote real independence and chances for a fulfilling new relationship. I do believe she is obviously well aware of it and it is important for you to talk with her about it, otherwise you would not be promoting a healthy relationship, with necessary mutual trust and support, even more now that you have decided to live together at the very place that appears under her husband's name.

Customer:

i know for a fact it is totally over, they have been living a lie for years. he is a so call pastor and very domineering. i will talk to her about the situation, she is extremely loyal and faithful to me, she has proven that

Customer:

they have two children together, that is the reason she is allowing him to keep the house

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I am very sorry to know she has been facing such a painful reality for so long. I truly believe this situation would lead you to deepen your relationship, for you to enjoy it regardless of the challenges you have been facing. That makes sense. The please talk to her about it, it seems necessary, since as I said, only to truly full open and honest communication, you could build and empower your relationship, make it very resilient and cope with all the challenges and difficulties it presents.

Customer:

2011 i told her i was coming into her life forever, she put her ex out and filed for divorce. he was coming over to see the children, i did not like that at all. i wanted him to pick them up and go too his mother house. my woman knew i would not tolerate him being there, that is why she went and got us a penthouse. she is a true lady and i love her with every part of me.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I am glad to know you have found each other and feel this fulfilled together. Please continue taking good care of your relationship without allowing anything r anybody to undermine it, and deepening and empowering your mutual trust and openness would just make it even better.

Customer:

i have never been in love with anyone, i have waited for her my entire life. she is a wonderful, true, and honest person. my wait for her waswell worth it. thank you very much and good night.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Good for you! I am sure it's been worthy because of your words. Please take good care. Thank you for your trust and good night.

Customer:

good night