Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.

Most friendships I have I can tell exactly what is going on.

Most friendships I have I can tell exactly what is going on. I have one where: got email about where to leave article, porch or mailbox, asked husband, he said to leave on porch, emailed back to leave on porch, got email that her husband talked to mine and will leave it in mailbox. I heard from her where it would be. I have not yet heard from my husband that it had changed.
Is this something normal you see and deal with? Does something need to change?
Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Dear friend,

I believe that I can help.

This sounds like a case too many forgetful chefs spoiling the broth. It was a small decision and didn't need consultation.

He handled it and forgot about it or didn't think it was worth mentioning it. By consulting him you gave him the authority to deal with it,

It is such a small issue and not worth having a discussion with him about now and in future, you must try to be more decisive and handle the little problems by yourself.

I wish you a wonderful day.

Warm regards,