Kristin, Counselor
Experience:  Psychotherapist and Relationships Expert with 11+ years exp. Dating, Relationships, Marriage.

Hi there Kristin, I need some help. I met my boyfriend of 2yrs

Hi there Kristin, I need some help. I met my boyfriend of 2yrs on the internet and we started chatting, we met and fell madly in love. Firstly he lived in another state but in the same country, he was a foreigner getting his pilot licence, he was younger than me by 10yrs. We were very happy but being in a long distance relationship was hard so we did not get on all the time. When we were together we were happy. Anyway he moved back to his country and a week later broke up with me saying that our relationship was not practical with the long distance. And a week after that the other girl he was dating called...I was beside myself with pain! We have talked this thing to death and he is very remorseful and does not feel worthy of my love ever again. I have forgiven him but in my heart I feel he is still the right person for me...I love him still so much. Help me....what do I do? I have decided to just let go and let life take me where it wants....
Hi there,

Thank you for contacting me. Long distance relationships do cause additional challenges, especially it seemed once your boyfriend moved back to his original country.
Just so I understand correctly, is he feeling guilty and not worthly of your love because he was dating another girl at the same time as he was your boyfriend? Or is it simply because he broke up with you that he feels unworthy.
I think that what you need to do, is talk with him and let him know exactly how you feel about him and ask him if he is interested in continuing a relationship with you or not. If he is, then the two of you need to figure out a plan where you would actually be able to be together in the same town, etc and what that time frame would be, etc.
Otherwise without some kind of plan like this in place, where you have a good idea of when you can be together, it's very difficult to maintain the momentum you will need to remain together.
If he does not want to continue, then yes it would be wise to just let go and move forward in your life. So, communicate with him and let him know how you feel about him and what you would like to see happen. Hopefully he will share the same feelings. If not, then you will need
to just accept that and move on.
Please rate my answer so that I'm compensated for my time. Thank you and let me know if you have any more questions about this.
Best wishes,
Type a follow-up message to re-engage your customers and find out if they'd like to ask a new question.

e.g. Hi Barbara, how is your dog doing? Is there anything else I can help with?

Tip: You can create reusable templates to save time.