Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.

I, have had an opportunity to deal with some issues and this

I, have had an opportunity to deal with some issues and this made me aware that my husband may be overly strong or zealous maybe in communicating with me. I used to be a lot less sensitive and aware of things so it maybe did not bother me. I wonder if this is a problem for me and how to deal with it. I have told him but it continues, think he is trying to make changes and is that enough to split? Thanks.
Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Dear friend,

You have made me aware in the past of a possible difficult personaity disorder from which your husband may suffer.

As you become more and more aware of it you find it harder and harder to live with. You are perhaps reaching your tolerance limit and can no longer live with his difficult and perhaps rude behavior. You want to be treated gently and with courtesy, and if you feel you cannot take it any longer then perhaps it IS time to split.

If you are considering it I recpommend that you speak with an attorney to see where you stand.

If he is willing to go to marriage and family with you, then try that first.

If not, then consider striking out on your own and trying to find more self-respect and happiness.

God bless.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If I can take it, and feel I know what to do, does that mean it's O.K. for now?

Yes. Absolutely. If you feel on top of this situation and can effectively cope with it, then by all means, carry on for now. It will be fine.

Warm regards,