Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.

The problem for me is that after 9 1/2 years of marriage, my

The problem for me is that after 9 1/2 years of marriage, my husband still talks online to his ex who he has not been married to for at least 35 years. They talk frequently late at night, mostly about their grown kids. What bothers me is that my husband spends little time with me and will leave me alone watching television in the next room while he talks to his ex. I think I am more sensitive because we don't have intimacy anymore either. I am very lonely.
Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Dear friend,

Your husband has never ended his relationship with his ex-wife, but apparently, he has ended it with you.

This is not just a question of low hormones (testosterone, which can be fixed), but lack of emotional desire and commitment to you.

He is so insensitive that he doesn't know or care.

Before you hire that divorce attorney to get you the best possible terms of settlement, try to get him to go with a sex therapist with you.

These individuals are usually licensed mental health professionals with additional training and national certification and are the best resource for you problem. Go to the AASECT site at:

If he refuses you can either endure this interminably or leave him and search for somehow who will recognize you as his precious partner and so honor you. Living alone might even be preferable to constant rejection.

I shall keep you in my prayers for success, strength, and perseverance.

Warm regards,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for being so up front. I am almost 70 and wish I could work it out with this man, so I WILL TRY COUNSELING FIRST, I know I have baggage too as this is my fourth marriage. If it does not work, I prefer to go it alone. Thank you again. Lana

Dear Lana,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I wish you great happiness. Sometimes alone is the best way, and is definitely preferable to being ignored and devalued.

May God bless you.