Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
40019946

Well I have a lot of anxiety and really disappointed / I was

Well I have a lot of anxiety and really disappointed / I was in a relationship for 4 years things were not going well at the last months / I decided to end the relationship we live together - told him to leave in two weeks - I do love this guy and I did everything for him - five months ago we Talk about having a baby and he agreed - removed iud and got a doctor and start our homework / on the month of August we had a conversation cause I noticed that he was not giving me enough intimacy rather he masturbate or watch porn which he always denied that / when we spoke that day cause I need some answers why he does not desire me anymore ? Well I am too tired - and I made a comment about the baby and he said well baby is not a priority in my life - omg that killed me completely / since then i am very sad depress and beside that I don't trust him anymore / after we broke up living on the same house still - he change right away password XXXXX Facebook removing pictures together from Facebook cause I had access to that when we were together / but hurts me a lot cause he is acting like a jerk that he did not care a about our relationship he never said sorry / nothing - he is still in the same house very unconfortable situation - he is not crying begging me nothing nothing / why man are like that -
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Elliott, LPCC, NCC replied 11 months ago.
Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Dear friend

I believe that I can help you with this situation.

Your former boyfriend changed his feeling for you, perhaps because the notion of growing up and becoming a responsible adult father was too much for him.

As long as you wore your IUD, having a baby was just a theory that your were able to talk about.

Once you became available to become pregnant, he avoided sex and relieved himself with porn and masturbation.

When you confronted him he was forced to tell you the truth: that having a baby was not his main priority.

He probably understated that fact and was terrified of becoming a father.

He should act like a responsible adult and move out of the house instead of having this in your face every day.

Not all men are like this. This man's behavior is immature and quite irresponsible and selfish.

You are, in a real sense, fortunate to have found out what kind of man he really is, before you had a child together.

I suggest that you insist he leaves the house, or if you can affford to, leave the house yourself and get him out of your life.

I have a very encouraging book for you to read. It will help:

Product Details

Getting Past Your Breakup: How to Turn a Devastating Loss into the Best Thing That Ever Happened to You by Elliott, Susan J.

You will find a real man and not just a selfish boy and you will find true happiness.

I am so sorry about your present heartache, but you will leave this behind.

I shall keep you in my prayers.

Warm regards,

Elliott, MAE, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC

Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience: 35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.