Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.

My husband texts another woman evernight she was his mistress

My husband texts another woman evernight she was his mistress we moved out if state but he still in intact with this woman is he in love with her
Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Dear friend,

Your husband knows that he is risking his marriage with you by continuing this relationship.

He was sexually and romtically bonded to her. Perhaps he is separated y some distance, but he is still in a romantic relationship with her and most likely is in love with hei still..

As long as you allow it he will continue. It is very likely that if you give im an ultimatum, he will choose her over you.

Understandably, you have feelings for him and don't want to lose him. Unfortunately, it seems as if he belogs to her.

You may have only two options: stay in the relationship and bear with the pain and humiliation, or consider initiating a divorce.

There is one other option, if he will accpet it, and that is to find a competent and tusted marriage and famiy therapist who can perhaps help you two to communicate and move forward.

Your situation is, frankly very tenuous. However you need to try just so that you kow you have doe your best

That is the best way to get closure.

I shall keep you in my prayers.

Warm regards

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you basically he is in love with her we left town last year but he tells her everything she has even been here on a visit

Dear Kim,

He holds on to you for one or more of several possible reasons.

He probabably still has some love for you but she has his heart.

He may not want to hurt you by leaving you, but whether or not he knows it, he is crushing you.

It may be financially or socially difficult for him to leave you, and that may also be a factor.

If you had an injured eye that could no longer function and the infection was taking over your entire body, the doctor would recommend that it be removed. There would be no more use in it then an empty shell that was making you sick.

I am sure you understand the analogy.

I wish you strength and success and the ability to end this chapter and begin a new one in your life, either with a fresh start with him (which seems unlikely) or a new start on your own.

You deserve happiness and fulfillment.

Warm regards,